Monday, November 03, 2008

I Love Democracy

I love the process of voting. I am one of those old fashioned types who believes that one should actually go to the polls, stand in that little plastic booth and punch the card with your choices. I have yet to give in to the absentee process mostly because I think it robs us of the joy of electing people and making choices on those propositions interest us the most. I admit that often I approach voting with less than a full plate of understanding of the intricacies of the different measures and some of the lesser known judges that are running. But I still like the pageantry of election night. I will be glued to the TV as the results come in and states are lite up either red or blue. (by the way, how cool are the sets for election night. Seriously who wouldn't want to play with a huge electoral map).

So I will wait till tomorrow night after work to go to cast my vote. I will be tired and hungry (and given my new house payment poor) but I will be right there to punch my card and get my sticker. I owe the democratic process that much..




No comments: