Monday, January 05, 2009

I Have Arrived

Today I received a badge of honor among music bloggers. I had a post removed with no notification for what I can assume was unproper posting of music. This despite my notification that I will gladly remove anything that is unwanted for public consumption. As JC from THE VINYL VILLIAN commented on the aforementioned lost Top Records of 2008, my Top 11 was an over the top commercial love fest, so most of these bands have sold in excess of 500,000 records or so. But of course we are speaking more of a philosophical protection of artistic integrity rather than the deisre to spread positive support for a much beloved record or artist.


This is what I don't quite understand about removal of posts. It's not like I was bashing someone as crap, in fact it was the exact opposite. These were the records I enjoyed the most. But hey, I guess it means I have been noticied by the powers that be. Maybe it will lead to an increase in readership...



For review my Top of 2008

11. Kings of Leon -- Only By The Night
10. The Charlatans -- You Crossed My Path (a record the band made available for free on their own)
9. Tokyo Police Club -- Elephant Shell (single available via the record label site.
8. Beck -- Modern Guilt
7. Death Cab For Cutie (Songs available for free on the old record label Barsuk)
6. Counting Crows -- Saturday Nights and Sunday Mornings
5. Chris Walla -- Field Manual (Single available for download via his label)
4. Bloc Party -- Intimacy (Several of their remixes are available for free on their site)
3. REM -- Accelerate
2. Frightened Rabbit -- The Midnight Organ Fight (a band with a lot of live and rare stuff out in the world for download)
1. Coldplay -- Viva La Vida (a band who has given away songs on it's own site for free




(If I were a betting man I think the REM track is what got me in trouble, but the other two culprits (Counting Crows and Beck) are on the same US label so they are certainly possibilities. In any case it kinda breaks my heart a little)



No comments: