Thursday, January 07, 2010

Introducing...Paper The Operator

This is the kind of record I would have played a lot when I had a college radio show. Poppy enough to be memorable; odd enough to be interesting after a couple of listens. In a weird way it reminds me of a band I used to enjoy quite a bit called TRIPMASTER MONKEY, which I played the hell out of in college then forgot about. PAPER THE OPERATOR has released a new album entitled "Goodbye God" which is basically singer/guitarist Jon Sebastian's thoughts about religion, divorce and relationships told over pop hooks and catchy guitar licks. The single, entitled "The Pendulum" is a groove heavy minute plus track that really isn't indicative of the rest of the album but still has a nice bite to it. In fact, with most of the songs clocking in at under three minutes, the entire exercise flies by you before you can really digest it. Personally, I found "Laundrolux" simple guitar line the catchiest thing on the record. Somehow I think this record will stick in my play lists for a bit. It's certainly worth spending time with to decide for yourself.

(mp3) Paper The Operator -- The Pendulum (official release from Vapor Bite Records)

No comments: