Saturday, September 01, 2007

Zencast #6 (Music From The Left Of Center)

Note: this is a pic of my brother the last time he went to Iraq

I have tried to stay away from politics on this blog. I like to find lighter things to speak of but with my brother about to be deployed to Iraq sometime in the next few months I seem to be thinking about heavier things lately. So I compiled this podcast with songs that have a message about either war or revolution. I have no real political statement to make but I do feel that we have to take a hard look at what we are doing in the Middle East and why we are there. So here are songs that make a statement and ask questions about America's place in the world.

Zencast #6 (Music From The Left Of Center)

Tracklisting

1. Husker Du -- Makes No Sense At All
2. Billy Bragg -- Price Of Oil
3. Pearl Jam -- Army Reserve
4. Micheal Franti and Spearhead -- Yell Fire!
5. REM -- Orange Crush
6. Rage Against The Machine -- Killing In The Name Of (Live)
7. Son Volt -- Jet Pilot
8. Warren Zevon -- The Envoy
9. Joe Strummer -- Redemption Song

No comments: