Tuesday, April 28, 2009

VIVA!! Viva Voce!

Every night before I go to sleep I take a few moments to tool around listening to music. Some nights it leads me back to old favorites, other times it takes me to new discoveries. I had not heard much from the band VIVA Voce other than they are releasing a new record in the next couple of weeks and have a very loyal fan base. So when I heard the first track off their new record entitled "Rose City" I was amazed and floored by the potential this band has. "Devotion" starts with a slow guitar slide then leaps out of the speakers with a fierce burst of drums and a killer bass line. It keeps a great groove alive over the top of the song's chorus. It has a nice male/female vocal interplay and a simple signature line that will definitely get stuck in your head immediately. I haven't yet digested the rest of the record that is out there but if it is half as good as this one song, it is worth your time...


No comments: