Monday, January 28, 2008

My Bank Is Evil ! !

So my bank is trying to steal my money. Now, I worry about money all the time (it's a trait I inherited from my father), so when I get closer to the end of each month the balance watch begins. Trying to balance familial needs with the ever dwindling household monetary supply has become a sort of family charge with my wife and I constantly repeating the mantra "Wait till the first"...over and over again. So when my trusted financial institution tries to steal money I get angry. Which leads to ranting phone calls late at night to some teller who for all I know is really a computer with a semi-sensual female voice. So how does this happen you ask?


Well, I made my deposit in the ATM over the weekend (Mistake 1 if you're keeping count). So this means that the deposit did not take effect until today. No problem I have enough to cover any outstanding debts accrued over the last 24 hours. So when I woke up this morning I saw said deposit right there in my account bright as day (Mistake 2, don't trust on-line statements, they do not tell the truth.) Unbeknown st to me, my bank places a hold on ATM transfers for 24 hours (Mistake 3) so the money I thought I had I didn't really have yet. So when I spent money today I, according to my bank, went into overdraft and triggered an overdraft fee (yes kids, that would be mistake 4). So seeing this as I rechecked my balance tonight (remember, ingrained fear of no money care of my dad) I fired off an angry call to my bank. After three tellers and 1 account manager (who was probably some 14 year old kid who passed Algebra 2 when he was six and acted like I was a blithering idiot for not understanding the banks "very simple and efficient system") I got the bank to rescind my overdraft fee and set the world right. Maybe keeping a piggy bank like when I was a kid might not be such a bad deal after all...






3 comments:

James Lamb / tvjames said...

Washington Mutual? Bank of America?

Sadly, for us, it's come to charging everything onto a card and then paying the card each month. Major inherent danger in that "Oh, I'll pay the rest next month." and the resulting finances charges of death.

(But, hey, we're getting admission and a night in the Grand Californian in September with the points we've earned.)

Jon said...

Washington Mutual - although a friend of Heather's was telling us that Bank of America has been losing their ATM deposits! it took about 3 months to sort out for quite a bit of money. scary!

Unknown said...

It doesn't matter which bank - they are all equally apalling.